[Coco] The COCO vs The Apple II

didier derny didier at aida.org
Sun Jan 11 15:01:40 EST 2015

I don't think it was so poorly designed, I used both a an Apple with Dos 3.2.1
And a commodore 8096 with a 8050/8250  around 500k/1Mb)

I hated the Disk II no capacity, too many errors, software lost

With the 8050 or 8250 a lot of space disk easily copied once a day without any external software
Yes it was a bit sluggish but trying to find the right program in 5 or 10 floppies...

It is true that I'm not sure that this architecture was so adapted for low end machines..

A 1540/1541 is just a reduced 4040