[Coco] RS-DOS COPY crashing system

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Jan 11 03:58:39 EST 2015

There's a bug in Disk Basic (both versions) that causes a crash if an IO
error is encountered during a COPY.  It is documented in the Unravelled
series.  It is fixed in Extended ADOS-3, if you happen to have an EA3 EPROM
lying around to use for your archiving project.  The fix is quite short:

                  ORG $CAE6
                  LBHI FIXIT
                  LBLO MOVBYT

FIXIT         LDX #$989
                  JMP $CAEE
MOVBYT   LDA ,U+
                  STA ,X+
                  JMP $CAE2

(addresses are for the 1.0 Disk Basic version; use the Unravelled book to
get the corresponding 1.1 addresses)

Art