[Coco] retrobright

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Jan 10 06:44:27 EST 2015

Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 11:40:14 -0800
From: "Steve Batson" <steve at batsonphotography.com>

My big problem with painting plastic is that it often does not hold up
and can get Tacky/Sticky. I suppose with proper prep and painting and
maybe some type of sealant, it might work ok.

If the surface is tacky, then it wasn't prepped right. CLEAN the surface with some type of solvent cleaner that will totally evaporate. Alcohol is probably the best in this case, as other things like mineral spirits may be a bit aggressive. Even oils from your hand can make "fisheyes" in the paint, so handle carefully after cleaning and before painting.

Frank Swygert
Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
803-604-6548