[Coco] [Bulk] Re: Emulating a 1980 4K CoCo on PC, Mac, Linux, etc.

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sun Jan 4 23:04:04 EST 2015

On 12/29/2014 10:41 AM, Kandur wrote:
> Anybody had a Coco in 1980?
Not quite.  I got my first CoCo in the summer of 1981, but it was a 4K
machine.  I upgraded it to 16K ECB myself, but had a local Radio Shack
take it to 64K in 1984.  I think I read somewhere online somebody's
opinion that there was no 64K badge for the original CoCo.  Well, they
put quite a convincing one on mine when they upgraded it.  It's serial
is 0006916.
The machine still works, but its case is fairly rough and I replaced the
chicklet keyboard with one from a CoCo 3 when I put a Puppo XT adapter
on the latter and packed it in a mini-tower case back when that was the
thing to do.  I recently (well, maybe 10 years ago) found a 4K machine
(0039529) at a computer surplus store and snatched it up.  It worked at
the time, and should still now, except the power switch has since
physically failed.

JCE