[Coco] Tandy Electronics??!!

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 11:53:40 EST 2015

I think the Dragons were quite popular in the UK. They pop up pretty often on E-Bay UK, and I own one along with a CoCo II both of which I bought on E-Bay and an Atari STE I have owned from new.

My first 6809 was a NewBear 6809 system on a single card. I can't find any reference to it on the web and I gave mine away a long time ago so no pictures.  it used the same BUS and form factor as the 7768 .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbear_77-68

I think after that for a while I had a Fortronic 6809 system like this:-

http://nosher.net/archives/computers/prac_comp_1981-03_026

I didn't pay anything for it though. Apparently the one I had was produced for a Post Office counter automation project, and I got it as the project was cancelled. I had it for about three years until it was "recovered" by Fortronic as the Post Office wanted to restart the project, new 6809's were longer available and the needed every one they could find while the re-wrote the software for a current micro....

After that I had an Acorn Computers 6809 Eurocard system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorn_Eurocard_systems

not sure how many were made, but not many.....

Dave
G4UGM