[Coco] Tandy Electronics??!!

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 1 17:28:03 EST 2015

There never was a "Radio Shack" in Australia. They were known as "Tandy
Electronics".  The stores were always marked as "Tandy Electronics" but
in the late 80's, their internal compamy name was "InterTan".

Later they were bought my "Dick Smith Electronics" who maintained the
"Tandy Electronics" stores for awhile as they gradually shutdown stores
or renamed them to "Dick Smith".

Dick Smith stores were owned by Woolworths and up until recently have
been sold to someone else. Dick Smith stores are still around.

I'm afraid it's "Asta la Vista Tandy" here down under.

Nick