[Coco] coco I 4K contest

Camillus Blockx camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 02:05:09 EST 2015

Hi, Allen

It was just brought to my attention that A coco I 4k not necessary means that we can use 4096 Bytes for the basic/assembler - code. That being said, what is then the limit a Basic program has is a coco I. Is the total 4K inclusive the ROM and I/O address space, so 4096 - 1024(ROM) = 3072 - stack - BASIC scratchpad - variable storage = probably another 1024 Byte so 2048 Bytes would be over.  This is all just what comes into my mind on the spot. So maybe it would be good to put some figures out there like the max Basic Address or Max Lines, so that we have something to check to stay in the limits.

cb
On 12/31/2014 10:55:58 PM, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2014, at 10:11 PM, Camillus Blockx wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> A lot of guessing and talking about the coco I 4k, and what not more.
>
> Can we just bring in BASIC or ML ( 68E09B ) programs that :
>
> 1 - NOT contain any non basic 1.0 - 1.1 command or function.
> 2 - is NOT bigger then 1024 x 4 = 4092 bytes.
> 3- Upload as zip file ( program : MYPRGRM.BAS (BIN), Listing : Notepad )

Yes, I will be able to run it on an emulated 4K CoCo to test it for you. I want to make all the entries available on a cassette file for the emulators (or a WAV file that could be played in to a real CoCo) so those who are interested can check them all out -- we'll come up with some kind of survey/questionnaire and rank them based on that, perhaps.

-- Allen