[Coco] Off-topic question for electronics wizards

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 17:08:41 EST 2015

Christopher,

It’s kind of hard to say without knowing what kind of feedback the device
gets from it’s battery pack (some can be a bit more involved than a simple
2 terminal battery).  In general though, a device would determine if a fully
charged battery is present based on voltage.

If you show it the voltage it expects from a fully charged battery at the + and -
terminals you may fool it into thinking one is there.

Hmmm, just looked up the battery you referenced and I see it’s a 12v lead acid (gell) type.
Fully charged it should be at 12.7 volts.  Less than that and it might try to charge your adapter.

Don’t know the details of the circuit your device uses but….
If you have a ps that delivers 13-14v, something like that, you could try it.

- Ed