[Coco] Off-topic question for electronics wizards

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Sat Feb 28 16:32:52 EST 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Barnett Fox"
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts"
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2015 12:02 PM

> Here's my line of thinking... could I "trick" the ONT's battery backup
> unit into *thinking* it has a fully-charged battery by just using a 120V
> AC to 12V DC transformer? I have loads of spare "wall wart" supplies
> around, and I'm sure I could scrounge one up that provides 12V DC. Does
> the output amperage matter?
>
> Thanks for your time and expertise!
>
> Christopher

Christopher,  I am not an electronics wiz by any stretch of the imagination,
but don't mismatch the amperage.  It's bad.

Look at the battery pack you're trying to replace and see what the amperage
output is and don't exceed that.

I'm sure the knowledgeable guys will be along shortly to answer your
question correctly.