[Coco] Hijacked: Multipak redesign/replacement

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Feb 27 16:40:54 EST 2015

On Friday 27 February 2015 15:22:54 K. Pruitt wrote:
> > As a spectator sport, watching Kalifornia politics was very entertaining
> > the
> > last time I was out there at the turn of the 80's for 4 years, 2 in
> > Redding
> > at KRCR-TV and 2 out in Lassen county as CE at the KSUE radio complex.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
> > --
>
> It doesn't look any less insane from inside than it does from outside.  It
> has just intensified over the years.
>
> All any Californian can do is apologetically point out that they're not
> from California originally (nobody is from California apparently) and point
> out that we have very nice weather here.  There just is no defending the
> insanity that is California.

Or the insanity of their bill collectors. I started my 2nd daughter in CA, and
had Annie get a checkup.  They immediately billed us for the successfull
delivery of the child despite the fact that she was born 7 months later after
we went back to Iowa and was never again seen by any medical people in CA.

I battled with them for about 6 months, and finally told the hospital where
the original bill came from, to go right ahead and sue, because I would sue
them (not the bill collector) for treble damages including to my credit
rating, and all attorney fees involved. That finally got their attention.

I must have been crazy to ever go back there again, but I was following a
different woman, who after 17 years drove off & left me a year after I came
to WV to the best job I'd ever had.  I was so glad that I stopped on my way
to the room she had rented for me and had moved all my stuff into, got a 6
pack and had a private little party to celebrate, my hellish life at her
hands had essentially come to an end.  But that bitch is still a headache
when we crossed paths just this past December at my sons services.  He'd
tried to prove he could still drive his KIA sedan at 100+ mph with a quart of
whisky in him.

Tried her darnedest to act concerned.  She was never his mother in actions or
attitude, and I blame me 100% for the hell I put my 1st 3 children thru by
bringing her home to play house.  Why the he!! she thought she had any
business showing up for his services is beyond my understanding.  I feel a
lonesomeness for my first family.  The woman, Annie Lucille, had a stroke at
age 34 and died in '68, the 2 girls she gave me are now long gone from
cancer, and now the son she so enthusiastically gave me is gone too.  All I
have left to trace it are 2 or 3 pictures of a very happy period in my life.
She made sure none of them she could find survived her.

FWIW, Dee and I celebrated our 25th back on Dec 2nd. It has been and still is,
a _good_ quarter century. She is frugal to a fault so we have some money in
the bank, the place is paid off now for 16 or 17 years, and other than the
frailties that go with being an 80yo arthritic DM-II, I'm good to go another
25 years with her if we are lucky.
Yeah, I know, TMI.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)