[Coco] CoCo2 Composite Boards (update)

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:50:51 EST 2015

Hi Gene,

These are small PCBs that replace the RF modulator can on CoCo2’s to provide
a composite output (with sound).  Uses a 2 conductor mini-jack (with ground of course),
and doesn’t require any case modification on the CoCo.

Does require removing the RF box on the motherboard (pretty easy with a temp controlled iron).
Based on the CoCo2 educational model’s factory composite board, which I RE’d.

Schematic here —>  <REDRAWN Schematicsch.jpg <https://7013705b-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/thezippsterzone/coco2-composite-board-2/schematic-and-circuit-commentary/REDRAWN%20Schematicsch.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cqtYsQJf0Y6moe0E4BRyl9T-t9_N3YMiYTLr1aWdX63Wu8rANRqWvXwrSHV6RrgmyEVWzA6Dt_k4SM5MDF_bfsOxVqz2_jPZFaAiUS_XRArPvod7RjyY57MdcuIvRS5lTuEciAUqCiEoVeklAthAg5zH5p8ZgXifUb2x6rP5rf8AENII2GRnlSbKSetCQAMbTfGvD1uk-LQKtSnGOsri68GNexjw_fRDHj9O7vq0junWm6CyVKkWQ2OQRP_gtzhrrSNq5hYtAWLbDapxBt1Vf7xvR44DK83So8mQRIGUS0WGPC7xlCuhdDe_KDfTvo0rykMGdSd&attredirects=0>>

It taps DC and AC current from the mb, running the AC through a voltage doubler to operate
a 12v regulator.  A 5v regulator runs the 1372.

The channel selection switch grounds the clock signal instead of sending it to the
1372 for B&W output, very clear for text only.

Pics of the two board types installed here, as well as a quick pic of the B-board output
on a ~60” LCD television.

<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1sgl615FlGnVVFhLTRtbVR4R2M&usp=sharing <https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1sgl615FlGnVVFhLTRtbVR4R2M&usp=sharing>>

- Ed

.