[Coco] CoCo Disk Drives

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Fri Feb 27 10:20:20 EST 2015

26-3029 is the Catalog number for the controller, not the drive. But, if the
drive came with the controller it should be drive 0 and at the end of the
cable. A 26-1164 is ALSO a drive zero, but can be other drives based on what
connector it's plugged into.

Are you sure you have a pulled pin cable?

Or have you gone into the drives and manually set the drive selects?

Also, check that only ONE drive, the one at the end of the cable -- has a
termination resistor. Two of them on the cable could be the cause of some
strange problems and errors.

And, yes -- you can use drives meant for the TRS-80 I/III/4 with the Coco,
they work fine.

-[ Al ]-