[Coco] lunar rover patrol

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Feb 26 20:47:14 EST 2015

Gustavo Ranaur Schoenaker wrote:
> Check the memories of your machine. I swear I played it today morning.
>
> If you want I can send you (directly) the disk.

Gustavo,

Something very strange is happening. I downloaded your CCAG.zip archive and
extracted the ROVER.DSK. The binary on it (ROVER.BIN) is a byte for byte match
with that in the Color Computer Archive. When mounted on MESS as a Coco3, your
copy behaves exactly like that from the Archive.

Now, when I switch to coco3p (PAL) emulation, then both versions start
automatically. Not only that, but instead of jumping the channel, the rover
explodes in the initial demo.
Clearly the difference is caused either by the ROM (coco3) or MESS, not the
origin of the game. Given that your site suggests you are not using an NTSC
Coco3 (site language is not English), that may be why you have different results
with the game than I do. I can't account for Robert H's results with the disk
you sent to him.

Robert