[Coco] Use Coco and DriveWire to Create TRS-80 Disks?

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Thu Feb 26 11:35:22 EST 2015

While the Coco is physically capable of writing disks for the TRS-80 Model
I/III/4, nobody has written imaging software to do it.

You have several options.

1. You can contact Ira Goldklang at www.trs-80.com and he will make disks
for you for small donation.

2. If you want to send me disks with return postage, I'll gladly make you
boot disks.

3. If you have access to a PC with a 360k floppy drive you can go here:
http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/img/index.htm  and get Imagedisk

You can make boot disks with it. There are Model 4 disks in Imagedisk format
at the bottom of the page.

I would recommend the Emulator TRS32 (http://www.trs-80emulators.com/) on a
PC for making disks from images you can find on Ira's site, or Tim Mann's
Site (http://tim-mann.org/misosys.html), or here:
http://www.classiccmp.org/cpmarchives/trs80.php

My first computer was a TRS-80 Model I, and if I can answer questions for
you, I'd be glad to.

-[ Al ]-