[Coco] lunar rover patrol

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Feb 25 20:14:40 EST 2015

Robert Hermanek wrote:
> Huh, well I've tried everything I can think of, including unplugging everything
> from my coco3, and loading a .cas image.  It still crashes right when the game
> play should start.  If anyone has a .bin for lunar rover patrol that they'd like
> to share, feel free to email it to me directly.  I guess I have to assume my
> image is bad.
>
> -RobertH

Just tried both the disk and cas versions from the Archive with a Coco3 and the
copies seem buggy.

The game will freeze in the opening screen just when the rover jumps over a
ditch. The only way to start the game is to then press some keys. The A key is
one that works. You never get to sign in nor can I get any kind of 'help' or
instruction set. There are instructions in the Archive but that is of no help.

It makes no difference to run the game with MESS as a cocoe, the game will still
freeze until a key (say A) is pressed. The game does require the presence of
Extended Basic.

Robert