[Coco] Parallel groups

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Mon Feb 23 13:41:40 EST 2015

Hi all,

If you want to get into the group-shift discussion, remember that this list,
the old bit.listserv.coco, Facebook's various TRS-80 groups, websites and
their archives, etc., are all still running. Fortunately, there's almost
nothing on the old bit group, and FB has its own issues.

I've tried to keep this group clean (spam-free and address-sucker-free) and
used a very light hand as admin (months may go by without anything from me; I
just moderate the oversized messages, research spam sub attempts, and break up
the occasional fistfight). We're into our 13th solid year here via maltedmedia
and although you depend on me, as long as I'm not dead, the list will be
running.

If you want to switch to Google Groups (just FYI, I don't use Google products
because you never know when Google will change the rules), you're welcome to,
but it means this list will need to shut down along with its archive (though I
guess the archive will continue to live on GMane). Shutting this list down
will prevent one more parallel group and also free me from moderating mostly
spam attempts.

As long as we're active and healthy, I'll continue to make the list available.
If it starts to split or dwindle, then there would be no point to keeping it.

Sound reasonable?

Thanks,
Dennis