[Coco] Multi Pack Replacement

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Mon Feb 23 10:56:08 EST 2015

On 2/23/2015 9:42 AM, David Gettle wrote:
> I like your idea of combining floppy and hd controller into the MPI, and
> re-designing it to fit under the CoCo, perhaps another way would be to have
> dedicated FD and HD slots on the second board for those that have HD and FD
> controllers, that would allow the FD and HD cards to be incerted from the
> back of the CoCo/MPI combination, so the cables would be behind the unit.
> That would reduce your development time, and still allow you to make a
> FD/HD combined card later, that could be plugged into one or both of the
> dedicated slots. If you do develop this I would be interested in getting
> one.
Well, I'd recommend those users use the slots above to leverage their
existing investment.  But development time would be lessened because the
initial MPI can be created and used by folks while development continues.

I think that would suit the most folks on the list, possibly excepting
those folks who really want an 8 physical slot unit, which is why I
suggested it to Camillus

JIm