[Coco] Multi Pack Replacement

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Mon Feb 23 09:55:13 EST 2015

On 2/23/2015 3:43 AM, Nick Marentes wrote:

> An expansion connecter to accomodate a daughterboard?!
>
> Sound like a vaguely familiar idea... Yes, that would make a lot of
> sense.
>
> Nick

:-), I deserved that.

I was originally thinking a pin header, to which a second PCB could be
attached, such that the two PCBs were parallel, and the second one sat
under the MPI PCB, making for a clean low profile design. The second PCB
could be as long as the MPI (well, almost), giving plenty of space for
connectors and such.

Using a 40 pin edge connector is not ideal, since you'd probably want
all of the "peripherals" on this second PCB to be individually
selectable, which implies multiple scs/cts/cart signal lines.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com