[Coco] nitros9l2 artifact colors?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Feb 22 12:05:47 EST 2015

Hmmm, the plot thickens or is that sickens?

My first tests of the game were with MESS and the colors were correct. I just
tried the game with a hardware Coco3 and regardless of whether I entered montype
r or montype c, the game started with the wrong colors on a VDG screen.

I'm not sure the copy on the Archives is an original one. The game's os9boot
file in init looks for /H0 but cc3go looks for /D0.  There is no hard disk
driver or hard drive descriptors in the boot file.
There are three device.name files in the CMDS directory for /D0, /D1, and /H0.
I had installed the game in a directory on my hard drive and renamed
device.name.H0 to device.name which permitted the game to use the hard drive
instead of a floppy.
Does this read like the original game disk? The os9boot file does not seem correct.

So something is wrong with the version I'm testing. Maybe it will not run under
NitrOS-9. At the moment, I don't see why the colors are correct in MESS but not
on real hardware.
I'll have to create a real disk and try booting from that on my Coco3.

Robert