[Coco] nitros9l2 artifact colors?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Feb 22 10:36:27 EST 2015

Willard Goosey wrote:
> So, I know that on the CoCo 3, one can change the PMODE4 artifact
> colors from red to blue by holding down F1 at reset.
>
> Booting Nitros9 (3.2.9, all VDG: boot screen and term both 32col.)
> seems to reset the artifact colors back to the default (red in my
> machines case). Is there any way to change that setting?
>
> I'm trying to play Alternate Reality the City but the red sky and
> blue-faced people distract me. ;-)
>
> Willard

I just downloaded the game from
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Games/
and there are three disks in the zip file. If you start the game by booting from
the cityboot.dsk, you are asked if you have a CMP or RGB monitor. If you start
NitrOS-9 and then switch to the city.dsk to start the game, you are not asked
for your monitor type.

The request for monitor type is in the startup file on the boot disk and clearly
will change the default screen colors. Also when I started the game with either
the boot disk and entered "montype r" or started NitrOS-9 in an 80 character
screen set for RGB, the game displayed the correct colors.

Willard, it seems that you are not correctly setting your monitor type via
whatever the route you are using to run the game.

Robert