[Coco] Multipak redesign/replacement (was: Educate

S Klammer sklammer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 07:43:23 EST 2015

To keep a redesign as simple as possible, then it should have no more than
two slots.  Then, after that is working, thought could go in to modifying
it for more, like having four or even eight slots.

Seriously though, without knowing what will end up being beneficial to
endusers (like the number of slots, physical placement, high speed DW,
etc), it could end up being a complete redesign (noise reduction, line
buffering, power rails, etc) at each step.

Dreaming here; but, if there were a few FPGAs that could actually be
reprogrammed by the enduser, accessible DB15(s), USB, SD slot... then some
of those physical MPI slots could eliminated... as current or even new
functionality could just be programmed in.

As for physical placement, what about just going over the top of the Coco?
No cable.

To quote, just my two cents... even though we no longer have pennies here :)

I do not currently have the skillset to design/build it myself and have
need of having at least two slots, I will likely be purchasing whatever
becomes of this project - and for that, I thank-you...

Shain