[Coco] nitros9l2 artifact colors?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Feb 22 04:49:03 EST 2015

BTW, in checking out these $FF98 mirror locations, I believe I discovered a
previously unnoticed bug in the Super Extended Basic setup code contained
in the internal ROM's patcher routine.  Looks as though (at $C172 in the
code that is executed if F1 is being pressed) they wanted to set bit 5 of
$FF98 for the alternate artifact color set for the HSCREENs, but altered
$E070 and $E079 instead of $E071 and $E07A.  (For the text screens, they
have a LEAX 1,X at $C163 to get the appropriate offset in the byte table to
access the value for $FF98, but they appear to have forgotten this for the
hires graphic screens so they are setting bit 5 for $FF90 instead of $FF98,
an IRQ enable bit.)  Can anybody (William? Darren?) confirm that this is in
fact a bug and that I have not misread the intent of the code or otherwise
been misguided?  (Super Extended Basic Unravelled does not note a bug here.)

Art