[Coco] Color BASIC 1.1 / memory detection

jon bird news at onastick.clara.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 15:35:16 EST 2015

In article
<CA+LuDccV4+Unb8TO-frQ5sfv01QSxWpsCLOyduobczhQr96stQ at mail.gmail.com>,
Arthur Flexser <flexser at fiu.edu> writes
>All I can think of is double checking that the jumpers are correctly
>set.
>Maybe also swap the positions of the RAM chips with one another to see
>if
>that makes any difference (grasping at straws).  In the process, check
>make sure none of the RAMs have any bent-under pins.  I would think a
>bad
>or inoperative RAM would keep the CoCo from booting at all, but who
>knows?

Ok, thanks for the thoughts. I've rechecked the jumpers, they seem ok
and I would've thought that if one of the DRAMs had packed up that would
take out an entire address line.

Can you (or anyone really) take look at the following:

http://www.onastick.clara.co.uk/DSC01221.JPG

it's a pretty detailed photo of the motherboard - see if anything
obvious is on there. My initial observations are that there are two
flying leads on the board. I'm fairly sure the white lead I put on -
can't remember entirely why but I suspect it was related to one of my
hardware mods (and doesn't even make a lot of sense to me now). Either
way it didn't make any difference when I cut the link. The other one is
the blue one which has always been on the board. Given it's location
though I think it's more related to the video circuitry.

Rgs,

Jon.

--
== jon bird - software engineer
== <reply to address _may_ be invalid, real mail below>