[Coco] CMP colorbars

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Feb 17 20:47:36 EST 2015

Willard Goosey wrote:
> It has come to my attention that the colors on the old TV I have hooked to my CoCo3 are seriously tweaked.
>
> Is there a small program that displays a set of colors, labeled, on the screen so that I could set the colors more-or-less correctly?
>
> Willard
> Sent from Samsung tablet

There are such programs and I could send you one. The gotcha is that you still
will not know how to set the TV without having a standard color chart that
matches the colors a Coco3 should display.
Put another way, the names given in say the Coco3 service manual don't mean a
hell of a lot. What does orange mean? What is the percentage of red and green
required to generate any "orange" much less what you should see with a Coco3?

You might be better off trying to display the widest range of grays; removing
all color tinting. That ought to balance the guns better than trying to match
colors.

I do have a program that generates a wide range of grays.

Robert