[Coco] Rainbow on disk

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Feb 17 10:39:31 EST 2015

> On Feb 16, 2015, at 10:51 PM, Stephen H. Fischer <SFischer1 at Mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> I am stuck as to what to put in the Internet Archive for a contact as I likely will not be around forever. MM will be gone someday, the Facebook list is an even faster conveyer to the bit bucket than MM is. My current plan is to include  mailto:a_nani_mouse at mindspring.com and say if no response comes back to try MM or the Facebook page. The last is mainly "look at what I just purchased".

We need a domain name for this project. The domain can live forever, and the site can move from one place to another if things change.

I can donate server space right now if you want. My server is throttled to server web pages, not files, so it won't be the fastest link, but it would be nice to have everything somewhere that can be repointed when mindspring goes away.

Domain names are cheap. I expect we could get a few dollars chipped in to support it.

A web server can crash and lose everything (my host had a major screw up that lost primary and backup hard drive years ago). Everything also needs to be backed up. The more people that have full copies, the safer the data.

Maybe we can get a few people to be "keepers of the code" and invest in a Transporter (internet hard drive). We could set all the Transporters to sync whatever data is there and keep copies around the world.

		-- Allen