[Coco] Current Status of the "Help Send A Fellow CoCoNut To This Year's CoCoFEST" Campaign

Chester Patterson chester6809 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 12:24:10 EST 2015

Some ICOM brand ham radios in the last 10 years or so use the identical 10 pin plug for hooking up accessories or peripherals. If you have trouble locating it try "ICOM peripheral cable" or "ICOM accessories cable" in ebay. Perhaps pricey...
Personally, I just knocked off the 10 pin connector entirely from the monitor cable and used a DB9 male on the monitor cable and used a 10 pin header (flat ribbon cable) to DB9 female for the Coco RGB connector (unfortunately pin 10 on the RGB gets lost but does not affect the vid). I removed the guts from the TV out box and put the DB9f in there after making the appropriate hole in the sheet metal with a nibbling tool, and cutting away some of the Coco case with a Dremel moto tool.

Chester