[Coco] Current Status of the "Help Send A Fellow CoCoNut To This Year's CoCoFEST" Campaign

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 19:37:20 EST 2015

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015, embsys dev wrote:

> People seem surprised and put off at the additional cost of the FPGA board.

> Here's a $55 AV to HDMI converter box from newegg:
>
> http://goo.gl/Pa9W9s
>
> Looks like you simply plug your coco composite video and audio in one side,
> and an HDMI TV into the other, and done.
>
> The RGB2VGA design is interesting for the hardware DIY coolness and
> hackability if you're into that sort of thing (and many here are,
> obviously), but a simple low-cost consumer solution might be better for
> some people.

Perhaps, if those people like looking poorly-rendered color graphics and
fuzzy, swimmy text modes.  I own one of just about every RGB-to-VGA
converter out there and Luis's unit is far and away superior in terms of
displaying the Coco3 output.  It's also the _only_ converter I've ever
seen that produces crisp, useable results from Apple 2 composite video.

Steve