[Coco] Wrong palette on CoCo3 issue - MYSTERY SOLVED!

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Feb 13 20:22:22 EST 2015

On 14/02/2015 11:12 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
> All versions of Vcc have the same palette/monitor settings as far as I know.
> It has never changed.
> It could possibly have been the colors you had set up on your old windows setup. The windows colors can change Vcc's palettes. For instance, on my computer with my current settings, "FORX=0 to 255:PRINTCHR$(X);:NEXTX" will give me white background on the block graphics (128-255) instead of black as it should. Also, whne Nitros9 boots, the booting screen never shows the modules loading, because the black/white comes out white/white, all I see is "NitrOS-9" on the screen. Once Nitros9 boots, all is fine.

Possibly. I just had not noticed before and only in the last 6 months it
has showed up.

No problem. Now that I understand how an NTSC CoCo3 works in comparison
to a PAL CoCo3, I'll work around it.

Makes me appreciate the PAL setup better...  although we have no
artifacted colors when I attach a composite monitor. I have an NTSC
CoCo3 now and I can appreciate the artifacting which I loathed back in
the 80's on my PAL setup.

Nick