[Coco] VSS colors don't work in Windows 8.1

Thu Feb 12 15:56:15 EST 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Marentes" <nickma2 at optusnet.com.au>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] VSS colors don't work in Windows 8.1

> On 13/02/2015 5:59 AM, Nick Marentes wrote:
>> On 13/02/2015 5:42 AM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:
>>> Use MESS instead ;)
>>>

>>> Luis Felipe Antoniosi
>>>

> Just tried MESS.
>
> Nope, I don't like it.
>
> I placed the CoCo ROM into the ROMS directory, fail! And the DOS
> interface is awful. I need to download more code to install the Windows
> GUI. I didn't like the GUI anyway.
>
> I'm so use to the clean compact nature of VCC. Very easy to use with
> it's built in GUI and CoCo3 ROM.
>
> There's got to be a way to fix VCC. Too bad VCC is not in development
> anymore. For me, it was king of the CoCo3 emulators.
>
> Maybe we who use it so much can offer to pay the author a license fee if
> he were to release a new and updated "commercial" version?
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Nick

The "author" may be willing but the VCC "Owner" who PAID "the author" to develop VCC may not allow this to happen.  The "author" who needs to earn a living will have moved on to other projects and may not have the time available.

We got the first CoCo3 emulator by collecting a bounty which was paid to Jeff in addition to what he got for each copy sold. So it has been done before.

But it's the lack of people having the skills to work on VCC that is the real problem.

No one has stepped that has the necessary skills and can convince me that they have the skills so that I would try and contact the "owner" suggesting that we may have a person to work on VCC.

Convincing me would be not hard but the "owner" would be much harder because of his great skills. I just don't want to bother the "owner" with people that are unqualified.

SHF