[Coco] Restuffing a CoCo chassis

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Thu Feb 12 11:55:59 EST 2015

J,
I have.
The current PS2 platform and the AVR allows the keyboard driver to be replaced. All I have to do is change the PS2 to the USB front end and recomplie, as like with the PS2 interface, both maps(ECB and NOS9)are supported and with multiple row/column key presses. The interface is bidirectional and talks to the keyboard as well.

My current dev platform is reading keys from the USB keyboard. I don't recall ATM if I have bidirectional communications in the driver working yet or not. Too many firmware projects going on!
The PS2 interface just went through a hardware redesign. The USB interface is more costly to produce, thus not sure where I might go with this design ATM.

Mark Marlette
http://www.cloud9tech.com
mark at cloud9tech.com