[Coco] [COCO] Toolshed Project OS9 utility

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 16:11:33 EST 2015

Hello everyone,

I thought I would share something for those that might not know about
this.  I was doing some experimenting on my linux box with a USB CF card
read/writer.  I found out that the os9 utility actually can be used
directly on the device.

Give you a example.  I use a SD(HC) to CompactFlash adapter so I can use SD
cards on my SuperIDE.  Well I plugged the SD card into the USB SD card
reader into my linux box.  I then looked in /dev/ folder to see what my USB
SD card reader was showing up as.  In my case it was sdc

So I decided to try:
os9 dir /dev/sdc

Would you believe it actually worked.  I pulled up a directory of the os9
volume on the SD card.  I then tried some copying and was able to copy
files off of and onto the device.

Now the only thing I have not figured out yet is how to do this on a Mac
OS-X system.  Anyone done this on a Mac yet?

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile on iOS.