[Coco] DriveWire on the Raspberry Pi in five easy steps.

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Feb 9 21:50:40 EST 2015

> On Feb 9, 2015, at 8:43 PM, Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Allen, you can drop the "load drivewire drivers" step as all the Nitros9 repo disks that support dw already have the drivers. It would be better to tell people to update their NitrOS9 install to the current dw supported version first. This should eliminate those errors you are seeing.

Noted. Though I would assume if they are using the DriveWire .dsk images, they already know about DriveWire. ;) For me, it was how to use it with a standard NitrOS-9 boot quickly. I am at least glad you can load some modules and use it. I don’t plan to have them in my boot except when I want to use them, but we’ll see. Right now I much prefer the speed of CoCoSDC.

> Also, the drivewire drivers will ONLY work with NitrOS9 and I'm not sure how far back this goes as far as version, but at some point, even that breaks. DW will not run on vanilla OS9 at all.

Good to know. I did not know that.

The #207s are problematic, though. Plenty of RAM free, and worst case is I would lose the remainder of the 8K that I loaded the modules in to — shouldn’t even be an issue unless DW is doing some real dirty stuff I don’t know about (beyond all the IRQ masking and accessing hardware directly).

David Ladd has a real cool Pi update script, too.

http://dwladd.com/?p=98 <http://dwladd.com/?p=98>

The DW wiki doesn’t mention all the descriptors I see, so I need to find out where the rest of the documentation is. I will do my best to flesh out the section on CoCopedia.

		— A