[Coco] DriveWire 4 and Linux serial port

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Feb 8 23:39:53 EST 2015

On Feb 8, 2015, at 6:01 PM, Francis Swygert <farna at att.net> wrote:

> I hate to sound like a smart-azz, but USB mice are cheap, and there's a good chance most who play with computers would have a spare one lying around. Or use the one off another since you don't need it to set up the RPi... So just use a mouse! Nice not to need it, but if it makes that much difference in difficulty...

I don't have one :) and there is not an open USB port - up until the + model a few months ago, the Pi only had two. So you needed a powered hub for safety. More stuff to require, but since it can be done without all that, I'll document those steps. Anyone who is running X Windows and such on a Pi already know how to do it :)

> One more thing -- if the quad core 1GB RPi is only $35 I suggest you tailor things to that rather than the $10 cheaper, much less powerful version. Faster and more memory for $10??? It will come in handy...

Yep... But only a few have the new one. They are on multi week back order right now, while the older ones are easy to get. Also, the new one has its first hardware defect... A xenon camera flash makes it lock up and crash. Some chip needed more protection. Cutting edge!

     Allen