[Coco] DriveWire 4 and Linux serial port

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Sun Feb 8 19:01:26 EST 2015

Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 06:31:28 -0600
From: Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com>

You ever try to
configure a Pi to use a WiFi dongle without a mouse? It can be done but
it's more work than I'd want a newbie to do :) I've done a few projects
using them (including one which will have about 12 of the things talking
 to each other, redundantly sharing data)... I can do it, but could Joe
User?

I hate to sound like a smart-azz, but USB mice are cheap, and there's a good chance most who play with computers would have a spare one lying around. Or use the one off another since you don't need it to set up the RPi... So just use a mouse! Nice not to need it, but if it makes that much difference in difficulty...

One more thing -- if the quad core 1GB RPi is only $35 I suggest you tailor things to that rather than the $10 cheaper, much less powerful version. Faster and more memory for $10??? It will come in handy...

Frank Swygert
Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
803-604-6548