[Coco] SS/C drivers for NitrOS9

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Feb 6 14:47:51 EST 2015

On 7/02/2015 5:36 AM, tim lindner wrote:
> No. The driver I mentioned only accepts text. The driver will route
> the text to the Speech processor inside the S/SC.

The speech is the least interesting part of the cartridge with it's
monotonic and robotic voice and can be quite "grating" to listen to.

> Allen mentioned OS-9 has a ss.tone subroutine for generating sounds,
> but I don't know if the Sierra games are using it. The Sierra games
> might be writing to the DACs directly.

There must be a call somewhere to a subroutine. I guess it will require
patching it to make it call another routine to use the S/SC.

When any of the Sierra games start, they seem to force the user to
listen to the entire musical intro before it proceeds to the game start too.

Nick