[Coco] October 1984 issue of Hot Coco Uploaded

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 20:09:43 EST 2015

On Feb 4, 2015 12:11 PM, "Matthew Dugal" <leobaby at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to chime in about scanning dpi. I do a lot of scanning for a
pet project of mine. Since you're doing physical work for archival purposes
there's no reason not to scan in the highest native dpi of your scanner.
Later you can just batch resize and possibly sharpen. In just a few years
when everyone is on 4k monitors of better you will be thankful you did.

I 100% agree, if you are the original scanner then use the highest dpi you
can.  I was only able to create the Clearscan (tm) ocr version of the
Rainbow on cococoding.com because the original scans were high dpi.  Things
like Clearscan likely didn't exist when the original scans were done, and
better technology may exist in the future, so gather it all as well as you
can now in hopes that we can improve accessibility in the future even if it
does nothing for us today.