[Coco] Full Midi Synthesizer on a CoCo

nickma2 at optusnet.com.au nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Feb 2 23:56:17 EST 2015

I guess before getting too hung up over pro specifications, it's
important to define the audience that would be interested in this on
the CoCo and how much they are prepared to pay.

I would think that $50 would be the top end so this may narrow the
specs we could provide.

A microcontroller could be interfaced and programmed to act as a sound
card that could be utilized by various applications... games as well
as music production.

The reason I bring this idea up is because I have been playing with my
SS/C cartridge and everything I've heard has been disappointing.
(Anyone suggest a program that uses this cart better?). I've heard the
same chipset used on other computers (some had this same/equivalent
sound chip built in as standard) and the sounds generated are miles
better. Same chip just better software driving it.

Nick