[Coco] Full Midi Synthesizer on a CoCo

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Feb 2 23:16:44 EST 2015

Jim, anything developed for midi fter 95-97 (maybe later, CRS), probably supports GM. General Midi was introdiced to make sure all synths supported a soundset that would play the same instruments on a given program number no matter what synth it was written on.
Being a 35+ years music vet, it's been a loong time since I've seen a non-gm synth... and I've played a lot of them. The difference from one to the other is sound quality.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com