[Coco] Advice

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Feb 1 22:20:17 EST 2015

Camillus,
You have probably stumbled on John Turner's MPI schematics. There is also a 3rd 8 slot MPI schematic by Tom Gunnison if you look deep enough. His is also available on his website and he is on this list.
John Turner has been absent from the Coco community for a few years now, some say most likely health problems (and some think worse).
As far as copyrights on John's schematics, your guess is as good as mine. Tom can be contacted for info on his.
Also, if you really look, you find John's schematics for an RS-232 pak, FD-502 clone, Orchestra90/Stereo pak, 8k Eprom pak, 32k Eprom pak, Flexi-Buffer buffered IO pak, Midi pk, Tri-Cable pak, Pal MPI upgrade, Slot extender card, Universal Composite monitor driver, 512k Simm board, and maybe others (can't remember)
John's notes say he did these from memory as he had experienced a hard drive crash and lost all the tested schematics so these are untested.
John had a website & company named "GIMEChip". All of these schematics were salvaged by someone when they attempted to archive the website before it went down. Part of the site is still in the "wayback machine" site, but not much.
There are also posts on coco3.com that you'll want to view where John was posting updates to his 8 slot design.
http://www.coco3.com/community/2010/07/this-is-part-1-of-2-of-an-8-slot-mpi-multi-pak-interface-design-for-my-friends-at-coco3-com-andor-the-maltedmedia-list-members-from-your-friend-johngimechip-com/

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com