[Coco] Advice

Camillus Blockx camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 21:27:29 EST 2015

Hi all coco geeks,

When browsing the coco archieve, I stumbled on two schematics and instructables to build a MPI for the coco computer. One is a 4port MPI and the other is a 8 Port. By the looks of the documents it is from the same author.

I'm planning to make the 8 port version based on the schematics I found, but my design will not be the classic case. What I want to do is kind of make it as a stand on. This means that I would like to integrate Floppy( or emulators ) and Harddisk ( or emulator ) and there respective controllers into this stand on case. The height of it would be maximun the height of a 5.1/4 floppy drive,   All the cables would be inside as the drives, 4 slots for cartridges would be on 1 side. A buildin power supply, that also will take over the original power. I was thinking also on a slide out keyboard, but I do not want to need a ladder to reach the coco...LOL Want to keep it as low as I can, Possible that I make a new case also so that I can make it modular.

Now Is any one familiar with the schematics and know if there is copyright on them, or if they are free to use?
Also did someone all ready build a MPI using those schematics?

And if any one who wants to make a similar project, then maybe we can share some thoughts and make it a joint venture?

reply to me on my email to keep the coco media free of back and forth mail.

greeting camillus

---