[Coco] CocoSDC first time startup

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Feb 1 16:40:53 EST 2015

On Sunday 01 February 2015 16:17:25 Zippster did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Hi Gene,
>
> You may want to try plugging the SDC directly into the CoCo3 without
> the MPI just to make certain it’s working first.
>
> You may have a conflict with something else in the MPI that will have
> to be sorted out.
>
> - Ed

I considered that Ed, but the MPI is powered by the same PSU that runs the
coco3, and I have no clue what it might scribble over with a floating
input bus.  But I'll give it a shot & see what shoots back. ;-)

> > On Feb 1, 2015, at 2:59 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> >
> > Greetings;
> >
> > I had to do some laundry that took me to the basement, so I plugged
> > in the monitor, powered down the whole setup and plugged the SDC in
> > for the first time.  Into slot one of the coco3 modified MPI. On a
> > coco3.
> >
> > Switch set for slot 4, the FD Controller, TC^3 is in slot 3,  deluxe
> > rs232 pack in slot 2
> >
> > Unfortunately, a plain green screen is all I can get on powerup. So I
> > am assuming there is a magic potion or incantation to bring it up,
> > but I am not conversant with it.  If the 2G SD is not plugged in,
> > the LED will go out when the button is pushed, but if the SD card is
> > inserted, no led.
> >
> > Power it back down, remove the cocosdc, power it back up and it boots
> > right up as soon as the HD's get spun up.
> >
> > What else do I need to know?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett