[Coco] List directory, delete directory, or quit ? (l/d/q)

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Feb 1 10:00:49 EST 2015

On Sunday 01 February 2015 08:54:10 Allen Huffman did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Feb 1, 2015, at 7:38 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > Since deldir is recursive, q, AFAIK, only quits the deletion of that
> > particular directory IIRC.
>
> Well shucks. I guess it’s the OS-9 version of “Abort, Retry,
> Ignoreâ€‌ from early PC-DOS days ;-)
>
> I see deldir can’t handle files without write permission. I have a
> bunch left over I have to go in and manually delete, I guess. Was
> deldir always this broken?

Chuckle.  But since that implies first changing the attr's of the file,
I'd say that deldir needs a new cli option that means do it anyway.

Patches welcome. Suggested new -option from the cli would be -n, for nuke
it anyway. :)

> --
> Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT
> only) Sub-Etha Software - http://www.subethasoftware.com - Established
> 1990! Sent from my MacBook.
>
> P.S. Since 4/15/14, I have earned OVER $600  in Amazon gift cards via
> Swagbucks! Use my link and I get credit:
> http://swagbucks.com/refer/allenhuffman

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)