[Coco] List directory, delete directory, or quit ? (l/d/q)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Feb 1 09:17:39 EST 2015

> On Feb 1, 2015, at 8:08 AM, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:
> Did you try the kill directory program (kildir) I sent to you? That ought to solve most of your deletion problems; although I don't know the effect of no permission on my program.

I tried it and it scared me off. I typed “kildir -?” to see if it had options, and it was spinning in an endless loop for a bit before I killed it off. It was also eating up all the memory (I was getting #207s typing PROCS) but I think deldir does that too (I later found out).

I ended up doing this:

 LOOP
  PRINT “d”
 ENDLOOP

…and then packed that as “printd”, and just ran:

$ printd ! deldir /sd1/DIR

;-)

…then, for the files that it could not delete, I used a “tree” command to make a line listing of files (PATH/PATH/PATH/file1.txt) and edited that in VED to stick “attr “ at the front and “ w” at the end. Then I did the deldir again.

I only had a dozen or so files, else I would have just automated it in B09.

Man, can’t beat the flexibility of a Unix/OS-9 type environment.

		— A