[Coco] "I had a Dream".

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Tue Dec 22 13:16:07 EST 2015

On Tue, December 22, 2015 12:01 pm, Al Hartman wrote:
> I meant no insult Dennis.
>
> I'd love to help organize, but my chronic pain and the drugs I have to take
> to cope with it, means I don't have the ability to concentrate for more than
> short bursts.

Thanks, Al.

I am especially grateful to the team (especially Luis) that spent so much time
organizing and renaming over 10,000 files so they had useful names, putting
everything into directories and subdirectories, and overall making it
workable. Magazines, manuals, books, advertisements, and a Dragon section are
fully reworked with text info included.

The remaining existing content is also organized the way I originally put it
together and updated them before the team took over. These need checking and
renaming to be useful, but they are organized so nothing is hidden or broken.

Finally, the only unsorted content are the newly received (and by "newly",
that's anything in the past 5 years, about 1500 files, 10% of the archive).
The team started to organize these as well, so there are two directories --
one untouched for safety and one partially organized for interfiling with the
organized sections.

The checking and filing of this last batch is the most important thing to do.
Renaming for consistency and accompanying explanatory text files are all that
is needed for now. Like the previous team, any volunteer(s) will need
patience, organizational skills and a 'library' sensibility, and a good eye.

Dennis