[Coco] OT: Recovery Disc set for Dell Inspiron 15 3520...

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Aug 27 13:40:40 EDT 2015

Al, most (if not all) computer distributers now use the separate hidden partition (can't remember what it's called) on the HD as the recovery disk (which in the case of drive failure is useless), which is created on the fly as the system is installed. This reduced the cost of adding (and keeping up with) recovery disks as well as upped their profit margin.
If the drive will still spin and can be read (master boot sector trashed?), then the recovery partition could be accessed. "EasyBCD" is a boot sector recovery system and "PTEdit" will let you access the recovery disk (hidden from windows and dos). I have had to do this a couple of times.
Of course, if the drive is mechanically disabled, you are out of luck :-(

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com