[Coco] keyboard

camillus camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 18:05:11 EDT 2015

can't blame you for that Al.

And it is always good we can support the good coco engineers...

Sent from Mailbird [http://www.getmailbird.com/?utm_source=Mailbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent-from-mailbird]
On 8/8/2015 6:18:40 PM, Al Hartman <alhartman6 at optonline.net> wrote:
If I'm going to pay more than Cloud-9's adapter costs, I'd rather buy Mark's
adapter, support a good Coco business and have my choice of keyboards (I
have over 20 keyboards here that will work with it anyway).

If someone can make new mylars for a few bucks so I can fix existing
keyboards that will fit in the case and preserve the look of my Cocos, I'm
all for that.

I thought about making replacement keyboards last year after seeing these
keyboards Mike Willegal made for his Apple I clone, the Mimeo I -
http://www.willegal.net/appleii/apple1-datanetics.htm

He charged $75.00 each for the PC board in 10 unit batches, and you had to
find a suitable Apple ][ / ][+ keyboard to take apart for the keyswitches,
and then find a keyboard controller which wouldn't be a problem in the case
of a Coco.

The economics aren't there to sell that many keyboards into what's left of
the Coco market. I'd bet the PS/2 adapter is far from Mark's hottest seller.
But, that is a much better solution than an expensive custom built keyboard.

-[ Al ]-