[Coco] How about THIS as a CoCo 3 replacement instead of an FPGA? Thoughts?

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Thu Aug 6 09:57:11 EDT 2015

While I agree that original hardware is the best (it is after all the
rallying point for all communities of these types), I think we should also
encourage exploring new hardware, no matter what form that takes. Other
retro computing and videogame communities support not only original
hardware and emulation, but also all kinds of recreations, FPGA designs,
modified Rasbperry Pi's, etc. In other words it all peacefully coexists
and, rather than detracting or distracting, makes the whole experience
better. If we want to engender a more healthy community, I say we as a
whole try to support these ideas/initiatives rather than poke holes in or
flat out discourage them. This is especially important as the prices and
availability of original hardware continues to increase and decrease,
respectively, locking out a potential influx of new enthusiasts.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and