[Coco] How about THIS as a CoCo 3 replacement instead of an FPGA? Thoughts?

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:32:35 EDT 2015

I guess I feel kind of like this to.  There’s something about all the various components working
together in a more traditional computer system that just feels good.  Probably some nostalgia
mixed with an appreciation of a complex looking system working smoothly.  There is some
hard to identify quality of appeal there.

I think I know what you mean Didier, emulators (however well done) just don’t do it for me,
I always feel like I’d rather run native code on whatever is doing the emulation instead.

Boiling everything down into an FPGA is interesting, but this to me is just emulation on a
hardware level.

I do find using an FPGA to replace an unavailable ASIC acceptable though, as in an FPGA
GIME replacement.  I tend to view them as user programmable/configurable ASICs.

Anyway this is all a hobby for personal enjoyment, so everyone do whatever you enjoy!

It’s all good.  :)

- Ed