[Coco] Kicking the Z-80 butts...

Matthew Stock stock at bexkat.com
Tue Apr 28 16:29:34 EDT 2015

I've thought about replacing the entire video system with what amounts to a
GPU.  Leave the rendering and even audio to the coprocessor, and the CPU
can focus on the gameplay or other functionality.  Conceptually similar to
the original Gameduino.  Might be possible to have a mode to support the
existing video writes to video memory, for at least some backward
compatibility.

The major downside is that it would require special dev to be usable, and
given the size of the development community, I'm not sure how much interest
there would be.  Bit of a chicken and egg deal.

So for now I'm chewing on other projects.  :-)

Matt