[Coco] Access to Double Sided Disks with standard Floppy

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Wed Apr 22 13:56:55 EDT 2015

Yes, it can also be done by connecting two diodes so that when another drive select line is activated, it selects both the second side of the disk and also selects the drive select line the drive normally responds to.

Using ASCII art to draw a schematic

From controller, 0=drive select for drive 0, 1=drive select for drive 1 or other number, S=side select
0    1    S
To drive

Note that this circuit does sometimes confuse the drive controller software, so doing a dir is recommended before accessing the other side of the disk. Or use ADOS instead, as was previously mentioned.